Production Team Member
Salary: $11.00 /hour
Nor-Am employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of our customers and the work flow of a busy warehouse. We seek to continuously improve and build our teams with people who seek efficiency and want to work smarter. Most importantly, Nor-Am prides itself on acting with integrity in all aspects of our business. We build relationships with our customers and employees based on trust and honesty.
- We’re a small Family Focused Company, you’ll be part of our team, not an employee number.
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability as well as a cafeteria plan.
- 401k – You don’t want to work forever, we offer a retirement plan with a company match.
- Opportunities for increases at 30/60/90 days as well as annually.
General job description is as follows but is not limited to the following. Duties may change at the discretion of your direct supervisor or management:
- Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general operations. Takes responsibility for their own safety by acting in a safe manner at all times. Takes responsibility for the safety of co-workers by calling out unsafe behavior on the spot.
- Actively participates in the HACCP and BRC programs, follows all Food Safety SOP’s.
- Actively participates in the LEAN management program, striving to increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Employ the company’s core values; Integrity, Adaptability, and Continuous Improvement to guide day to day decision making.
- Package finished goods on production line to customer specifications for size, weight and box type.
- Responsible for accurately attaching all labels and tags to the correct product and package.
- Responsible for quality control. Any and all food safety or quality concerns must be reported immediately to a supervisor, manager or any other personnel in a position of authority.
- All production employees are cross-trained and must be able to work every station on each production line. This will include prep work such as building boxes and handling product prior to its arrival at the line as needed.
- Actively participates in all offered food safety training. Responsible for following all SOP’s and GMP’s in regard to Food Safety.
- Complete necessary daily paperwork accurately and legibly.
- Communicate effectively with other production employees, warehouse team, and administration staff.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Cleans throughout the day.
- Be familiar with and accurately use the computer based Warehouse Management System. Uses required RF scanning equipment and notifies Supervisor of any issues with the scanning equipment.
- Perform various manual labor functions such as stacking boxes, stretch wrapping, sweeping, cleaning, and trash removal.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Perform duties at the direction of supervisor including any special projects or other assignments as needed by manager/supervisor.
Summary of Experience and Education High school education or GED required, previous experience with forklifts, pallet jacks and warehouse operations are preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Employee must have the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, to twist, bend and climb regularly. Must be able to work in a wide range of temperatures (-10 F to 45 F). All employees must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including reading, comprehending and completing basic checklists, forms and other related documents. Successful candidates will be able to identify and resolve problems quickly and balance team and individual responsibilities. Must be consistently at work and on time.
Copyright © 2018 · Nor-Am Cold Storage