Detroit Lakes, MN
Job Title: Warehouse Lead
Reports to: General Manager
Nor-Am employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of our customers and the work flow of a busy warehouse. We seek to continuously improve and build our teams with people who seek efficiency and want to work smarter. Most importantly, Nor-Am prides itself on acting with integrity in all aspects of our business. We build relationships with our customers and employees based on trust and honesty.
- We’re a small Family Focused Company, you’ll be part of our team, not an employee number.
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability as well as a cafeteria plan.
- 401k – You don’t want to work forever, we offer a retirement plan with a company match.
- Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general warehouse operations. Takes responsibility for their own safety by acting in a safe manner at all times. Takes responsibility for the safety of co-workers by calling out unsafe behavior on the spot.
- Actively participates in the LEAN management program, striving to continuously improve, increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Utilizes the company’s core values, Integrity, Adaptability and Continuous Improvement to guide day to day decision making.
General job description is as follows but is not limited to the following:
- Has received documented training in GMPs, Allergen Control, and SOP’s within his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensures the accuracy of all loads received into warehouse and shipped out of warehouse, completes any required inspection paperwork thoroughly and at the time of receipt or shipment.
- Responsible for quality control. Ensures that all incoming products and packaging meet specification. Ensures that all allergens are properly identified and labeled on all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Complete necessary daily paperwork accurately and legibly. Is responsible for all paperwork related to shipping and receiving including ensuring seals are intact and recorded as established per SOP.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other operators and administration staff.
- Assists with Warehouse Office duties and is able to run the shift in the absence of the General Manager.
- Deliver first class customer service to both internal and external customers. Respond and adapt to customer needs in a timely and accurate manner. Build positive relationships with customers and co-workers and be supportive of a team atmosphere.
- Brings a positive attitude to the warehouse and contributes to the team environment. Communicates effectively and professionally with office, administration, warehouse and production teams.
- Is able to lead and motivate the team in the absence of a Supervisor. Understands the warehouse workflow and can efficiently execute tasks.
- Move raw & finished goods through receiving, shipping, in warehouse and production floor using pallet jack, hand truck, or forklift in accordance to BRC & HACCP plans
- Able to fully utilize the computer based Warehouse Management System. Uses required RF scanning equipment and is able to trouble shoot most errors, notifies Supervisor of any issues with the scanning equipment.
- Perform various manual labor functions such as hand-loading containers, stretch wrapping, sweeping, cleaning, and trash removal.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Maintains the warehouse up to company standards on a daily basis, including but not limited to daily cleaning and inspections.
- Responsible for tracking the storage and inventory of all shipments, packaging and finished product using the Warehouse Management System.
- Perform any special projects or other assignments as needed by Supervisor or General Manager.
Summary of Experience and Education
High school diploma or GED required. 1-3 years of experience with forklifts, pallet jacks and warehouse operations are preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age. Nor-Am will certify all equipment operators with site specific training, valid driver’s license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Employee must have the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, to twist, bend and climb regularly. Must be able to work in a wide range of temperatures (-30 F to 60 F). All employees must be able to read, write and speak English, including reading, comprehending and completing basic checklists, forms and other related documents. Successful candidates will be able to identify and resolve problems quickly and balance team and individual responsibilities. Must be consistently at work and on time
Copyright © 2018 · Nor-Am Cold Storage