CDL Class A Shag Driver
Saint Joseph, MO
Nor-Am employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of our customers and the workflow of a busy warehouse. We seek to continuously improve and build our teams with people who seek efficiency and want to work smarter. Most importantly, Nor-Am Cold Storage prides itself on acting with integrity in all aspects of our business. We build relationships with our customers and employees based on trust and honesty.
Job description is as follows but is not limited to the following duties may change at the discretion of your direct supervisor or management:
- Deliver first class customer service to both internal and external customers. Respond to customer needs in a timely and accurate manner. Build positive relationships with customers and co-workers and be supportive of a team atmosphere.
- Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general warehouse operations. Takes responsibility for own personal safety by acting in a safe manner at all times. Takes responsibility for the safety of their team by calling out unsafe behavior on the spot.
- Actively participates in the LEAN Management program, striving to continuously improve, increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Uses the company’s core values of Integrity, Adaptability and Continuous Improvement to guide day to day decision making.
Job Duties-Essential Functions
- Perform trailer movements between the four (4) Nor-Am facilities located in Saint Joseph, MO and our local customers based on their needs. Occasional trips to our Kansas City location will also be required.
- Complete daily equipment and truck inspections per company and DOT requirements.
- Follows all regulations and speed limits when driving on public roads as well as on Nor-Am property and the property of all customers. If a driver is banned from a customer lot it is grounds for immediate termination.
- Complete necessary daily paperwork. Includes pre-trip and trailer inspection sheets.
- Communicate with other drivers and administration staff.
- Responsible for maintaining clean trucks and trailers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with customers, co-workers and USDA or other government officials and be able to respond to their needs in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Cleans throughout the day.
- Perform any special projects or other assignments as needed by manager/supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Summary of Experience and Education
High School Diploma required,1-3 years of commercial driver experience required. Experience in a warehouse or manufacturing setting is preferred.Must hold a current Class A CDL and DOT Medical Card.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, twist, bend, crouch and climb regularly and will frequently be required to sit or stand for the duration of their shift. Employee must be physically able to manually adjust trailer heights by cranking. Employee must be able to obtain and maintain a DOT Medical Card.
Knowledge and Skills
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Employee must exhibit an attention to detail in all aspects of the job. Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required. Must be able to read, comprehend and complete checklists, daily paperwork and other documents. Basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and regulations is required. Employee will be able to identify and resolve problems both in operations and with staff in a timely and effective manner, and will respond to customer needs promptly and professionally. Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities and consistently be at work and on time.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- commercial driving: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- CDL Clas
- DOT Medical
Copyright © 2018 · Nor-Am Cold Storage