Le Mars, IA
Job Title: Network Administrator
Reports to: IT Director
Nor-Am employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of our customers and the workflow of a busy warehouse. We seek to continuously improve and build our teams with people who seek efficiency and want to work smarter. Most importantly, Nor-Am Cold Storage prides itself on acting with integrity in all aspects of our business. We build relationships with our customers and employees based on trust and honesty.
- Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general warehouse operations. Takes responsibility for their own safety by acting in a safe manner at all times. Takes responsibility for the safety of others by calling out un-safe behavior on the spot.
- Actively participates in the LEAN Management program, striving to continuously improve, increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Cultivates a positive team environment at all levels in the warehouse and office.
- Employs the company’s core values of Integrity, Adaptability and Continuous Improvement to guide daily decision making.
- Deliver first class customer service to internal and external customers. Respond to customer needs in a timely and accurate manner. Build positive relationships with customers and co-workers and be supportive of a team atmosphere
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization; PRTG, Cacti experience a plus.
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance for users. Prioritizes the efficiency, capability and scalability of the network
- Establishes and enforces policies, defines and monitors access, and supports and administers firewall environments in line with IT security policy to ensure a secure network. Basic configuration of firewalls; Juniper, PFsense , Snort experience a plus.
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment, configuration of hosted IP voice services.
- Participate in and plan for disaster recovery / business continuity programs.
- Possess solid Microsoft and Linux platform knowledge.
- Assist with general desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware/software problems and properly document support, repair and project activities using a help desk ticketing system.
- All team members are cross trained in all main IT functions and participate in 24hr on call rotation.
Summary of Experience and Education
Position recommends a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or another computer-related field and 5 years of relevant work experience. Technical certifications are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of TCP internals, especially across wide area networks and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols, capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices. Candidate must possess problem solving and critical thinking skills. LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning. Demonstrated ability in designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards; Candidate must be able to follow instructions, have excellent attention to detail and exhibit critical thinking and questioning skills in a diagnostic capacity. Is able to communicate both verbally and in written form with co-workers and clients with varying levels of IT understanding. Must be able to balance individual needs with those of the team.
Candidate must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, twist, bend, and climb and will frequently be required to sit for the duration of their shift. Must be able to be physically present at work and on time.
Copyright © 2018 · Nor-Am Cold Storage