Warehouse – 3rd Shift
Saint Joseph, MO
Salary: $12.50 /hour
Nor-Am employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of our customers and the workflow of a busy warehouse. We seek to continuously improve and build our teams with people who seek efficiency and want to work smarter. Most importantly, Nor-Am Cold Storage prides itself on acting with integrity in all aspects of our business. We build relationships with our customers and employees based on trust and honesty.
- We’re a small Family Focused Company, you’ll be part of our team, not an employee number.
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability as well as a cafeteria plan.
- 401k – You don’t want to work forever, we offer a retirement plan with a company match.
Job description is as follows but is not limited to the following duties may change at the discretion of your direct supervisor or management.
- Deliver first class customer service to both internal and external customers. Respond to customer needs in a timely and accurate manner. Build positive relationships with customers and co-workers and be supportive of a team atmosphere.
- Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general warehouse operations. Takes responsibility for own safety by acting in a safe manner at all times. Takes responsibility for the safety of their team by calling out unsafe behavior on the spot.
- Actively participates in the LEAN Management program, striving to continuously improve, increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Uses the company’s core values of Integrity, Adaptability and Continuous Improvement to guide day to day decision making.
- Complete necessary paperwork, including inbound and outbound orders, Bill of Ladings, receipts, export documentation, and other customer or government required documentation.
- Maintain a positive relationship with customers, co-workers and USDA or other government officials and be able to respond to their needs in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Must be able to accurately identify inventory discrepancies and notify the appropriate manager immediately.
- Must utilize the Warehouse Management System to track inventory, place and receive orders, run reports and confirm shipments. Understand inventory control by FIFO/LIFO
- Will complete basic office duties such as filing, faxing, answering phones and any other office tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform any special projects or other assignments as needed by manager/supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Summary of Experience and Education
High school diploma or GED required. Previous experience with forklifts, pallet jacks and warehouse operations are preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age. Nor-Am will certify all equipment operators with site specific training, valid driver’s license preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds from waist to floor, floor to waist and waist to shoulder heights. Must be able to twist, bend, stoop and climb and will frequently be required to stand or walk for the duration of a shift. Must be able to work 8-11 hour shifts in extreme temperatures ranging from -30 F to 45 F.
Knowledge and Skills
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Employee must exhibit an attention to detail in all aspects of the job. Ability to read, write and speak English is required, must be able to read, understand and complete both customer and government related paperwork. Must be able to read, comprehend and complete checklists, daily paperwork and other documents. Basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and regulations is required. Supervisor will be able to identify and resolve problems both in operations and with staff in a timely and effective manner, and will respond to customer needs promptly and professionally. Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities and consistently be at work and on time.
Copyright © 2018 · Nor-Am Cold Storage