Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Operations Manager
Nor-Am employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of our customers and the work flow of a busy warehouse. We seek to continuously improve and build our teams with people who seek efficiency and want to work smarter. Most importantly, Nor-Am prides itself on acting with integrity in all aspects of our business. We build relationships with our customers and employees based on trust and honesty.
Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general warehouse operations. Takes responsibility for their own safety by acting in a safe manner at all times. Takes responsibility for the safety of co-workers by calling out unsafe behavior on the spot.
- Actively participates in the LEAN management program, striving to continuously improve, increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Utilizes the company’s core values, Integrity, Adaptability and Continuous Improvement to guide day to day decision making.
General job description is as follows but is not limited to the following:
- Has received documented training in GMPs, Allergen Control, and SOP’s within his/her area of responsibility.
- Ensures the accuracy of all loads received into warehouse and shipped out of warehouse, completes any required inspection paperwork thoroughly and at the time of receipt or shipment.
- Coordinate shift activities with all departments to ensure company objectives are achieved in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for 7-20 direct reports. Manage daily work flow, productive, supervision, discipline, motivation and performance of all employees on shift.
- Responsible for quality control. Ensures that all incoming products and packaging meet specification. Ensures that all allergens are properly identified and labeled on all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Reports problems within area of responsibility that may impact Food Safety, Quality, or Employee Safety. Concerns should be reported directly to the General Manager and Quality Manager.
- Complete necessary daily paperwork accurately and legibly. Is responsible for all paperwork related to shipping and receiving including ensuring seals are intact and recorded as established per SOP.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other operators and administration staff.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Maintains the warehouse up to company standards on a daily basis, including but not limited to daily cleaning and inspections.
- Responsible for tracking the storage and inventory of all shipments, packaging and finished product using the Warehouse Management System.
- Perform any special projects or other assignments as needed by General Manager.
Summary of Experience and Education
High school diploma or GED required. 1-3 years of experience is Quality Assurance in a Production environment is required. Previous experience with BRC and/or HAACP is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Employee must have the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, to twist, bend and climb regularly. Must be able to work in a wide range of temperatures (-30 F to 60 F). All employees must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including reading, comprehending and completing basic checklists, forms and other related documents. Successful candidates will be able to identify and resolve problems quickly and balance team and individual responsibilities. Must be consistently at work and on time
Copyright © 2018 · Nor-Am Cold Storage